Once you have decided that the family office approach is the right one for you, how do you choose the best family office for you and your family? You may want to ask them a few questions, such as the ones listed below.
Family Office Checklist
- What is the background and history of the firm? Who are the owners? Are they independent?
- What is the scope of services offered? Which are provided in-house? Which services are outsourced?
- What size and type of families do they serve? How many families does each client advisor serve? Will they provide client references?
- What are the fee structures? Are there any performance-based fees?
- Does the firm provide completely objective advice for their families?
- How does the firm protect the confidentiality of its client information?
- Do the firm’s values resonate with your family values? Are you comfortable with the people you will be dealing with?
Please click here and we will be pleased to send you a copy of Northwood’s answers to these questions.